Education, Training, & Professional Service
* Graduated from the University of Maryland's Psychology Honors Program.
* Member, Phi Beta Kappa (The oldest academic honors society in the United States - established 1776.)
* Commencement Speaker at his college's graduation ceremony.
* Earned a Doctor of Psychology (PsyD) degree from Baylor University in Texas.
* Completed an APA-accredited internship at a VA Medical Center.
* Clinical Fellow in Psychology at Harvard Medical School.
* Served as Co-Chair of the North Carolina Psychological Association's Law & Psychology Committee
* Lead author of the first article ever published in a peer-reviewed scholarly journal describing how to conduct C&P exams for PTSD and other mental disorders:
Worthen, Mark D. & Robert G. Moering. "A Practical Guide to Conducting VA Compensation and Pension Exams for PTSD and other Mental Disorders". Psychological Injury and Law 3, no. 3–4 (2011): 187–216.
* Over five years as a full-time VA Compensation and Pension examiner, conducting C&P exams for VA compensation PTSD and other mental disorder claims.
* Court Psychologist for a family court in Alexandria, Virginia
* Forensic Psychologist at a community mental health center in Charlotte, North Carolina
* Clinical Consultant to a Drug Treatment Court in Mecklenburg County, North Carolina.
* Consultant to defense counsel in private disability insurance cases.
* Consultant to companies in workplace violence threat situations.
* Expert witness in several jurisdictions in central and western North Carolina